Could you live with one DAW and one developer’s bundle?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional Total Studio 4 Max V Collection X

Given the size and scope of some developer’s portfolios and great value offered in their instrument and effect bundles, I am wondering if I could lead a more uncluttered, focused and productive musical life with just one DAW and a single dev. Thinking Arturia, NI, UVI, Rob Papen, Softube etc.

For me it would probably be Live and Arturia.

Just a thought experiment.

Interesting question👍

For me:
Native Instruments Maschine as DAW
u-he Everything Bundle for Instruments + FX

So this is ' name your favourite daw +developer ' threads merged ?
Genius :hihi:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

So this is ' name your favourite daw +developer ' threads merged ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

why tho? why not TWO developers? or really, why not simply 'the plugins you like the most'?

when i started with logic pro, i tried to use only logic's synths, etc. it was ok. but bringing in 3rd-party plugins made things so much better. so, personally, the only limitations i want are the ones i set myself...

Nope.

Although DAW + NI Komplete surely comes close. I wouldn't want to pass on other developers' stuff though.

pikachu! i choose you!

I'd say I could get on fine with just Live Suite and a few Packs ... altho' I do like quite a few 3rd party plugins very much :ud:

I like KVR "thought experiments".
So...
Modartt. And since it has a recorder, I could maybe do without a personal DAW?

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:22 pm So this is ' name your favourite daw +developer ' threads merged ?
Thankyou. Don’t think I’ve been called a genius before. :hug:

I'd say FL Studio + all of their instruments is the most flexible package out there, unless you need a bunch of "real" instruments.. if that's the case then I think possibly Steinberg + all of their offerings is the way to go.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Full Logic/Mainstage and the complete Spectrasonics Lineup?

Maybe.

Bitwig for sure, but sticking to a single developer for plugins doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Sure, I could easily get by with just Logic and my real instruments and hardware/outboard gear. I wouldn't even need a second instrument developer, but if I did, it would probably be Spectrasonics for Omnisphere and Keyscape.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

There is the obvious bitwig+u-he with the fantastic CLAP collaboration....

Return to “Instruments”