Can please someone look into this Midi script - why doesn't it fully work?

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
if someone has experience in midi scripts, could you please tell me, why the following script does not fully work in Bitwig?
https://github.com/Knochenschall/Toms_B ... omsGeneric
-> the script called TomsMultiBiController.control.js
This is the only script on planet earth to my knowledge, which truly enables LED Feedback for Midi Assignments in Bitwig, meaning Bi-directional Midi Feedback.
So toggling a button IN Bitwig also visually toggles the button on on the interface.
However, it only works for certain controls in Bitwig, like most device toggle buttons and knobs.
But some controls can't be midi mapped with it. The whole shortcut list in Bitwigs preferences, for example!! And the "show device plugin" button you see in the box of a device, and the solo,mute,rec buttons. All don't work. Now the huge question is: why? Why does it partially work so good (e.g. with device-assignments of knobs and buttons), and partially absolutely not?

Alternatively, could you please tell me how i can open the ".bwextension" of drivenbymoss, and how to see the generic flexi part of it, so i could start comparing the scripts (via Chat GPT :lol: , i have almost no coding knowledge)

Thanks for any help :)

PS: The generic flexi is absolutely not working for the purpose of bi-directional midi feedback, because it's crippled into banks of 8 with the user-parameters. My interface needs 200+ midi assignments, bank-free. And in addition to that the generic flexi is crippled into those tiny midi cc segments of the "undefined" cc numbers (like 52-63, 102-119) The other "predefined" cc numbers, can only be used for mono-directional midi assignment...
Besides, i tested every single other script, including the mackie control, etc. etc. None of them works for the purpose of bi-directionally communicating with a big Touch OSC Interface. They're almost all mono-directional - only sending towards Bitwig. Or they're crippled into mackie-protocol for standard controllers with only 8 faders.

Here's a screenshot of my interface, to see why i need LED feedback, and why i can't deal with those medieval limitations of "8-parameters per bank".
arranger.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

Return to “Controller Scripting”