UVI Falcon 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alive - UVI Falcon Expansion Massive X

machinesworking wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:33 am IMO this is one of those things that really confuses me why it hasn't been solved in general in the industry? Some VI's set up macros of 8, 16, 32 parameters you can assign per preset that are easily mapped to control surfaces in DAWs that do permanent control surface assignments.

Why wouldn't this be a thing? There really should not be the need for Komplete Kontrol, or VIP and Automap before it to get standard mappings outside of DAW specific solutions like Bitwig have, which are not workable with Falcon etc.
As with everything else, theres an xkcd for this. :)

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/standards.png
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Kypresso wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:33 am As with everything else, theres an xkcd for this. :)

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/standards.png
Makes you wonder how they came up with MIDI in the first place?

I mean the two most popular plugin formats are made by Steinberg and Apple, with no real outside input at all. I'll probably be dead by the time CLAP replaces them, and gets taken over by Prosonus... but don't worry they won't change a thing. :hihi:

Someone asking for "Organic sounding" Falcon expansion?? Try this free demo pack- https://newloops.com/products/alive-falcon-expansion

:hihi:

Just got the new Modular and Organic pads (2 for 1 deal) , both excellent and pretty organic in my opinion. The Modular one is one of the best packs I have, highly recommended assuming you like that type of thing!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I also got the three new expansions (Modular, Organic Pad and Arps) and with the voucher and the discount they were free. Mostly interested in the arps as my band is pretty sparkly.

I really like the update, would be cool if the loading time of the library on first initialisation would be faster or stay saved like omnispherey
On every start up I have to wait, until the browser detects all expansions and uvi libraries.

UVI, you absolutely need to make the workflow of Falcon more user-friendly. Working with randomization is absolutely no fun and is killing it. Every time I want to randomly change parameters in modules, I have to right-click to open a menu and then search for random, alternate, etc. and click on it. This is ridiculous and quite frustrating. Do that 10 times, and you'll be totally fed up and ready to shut it down and use something else instead. Could you please place a small dice icon in each module, prominently visible, especially in the sequencers and arps?

The time I waste on such repetitive tasks like param. randomization, host automation or assigning external modulation is completely absurd..

Benn Jordan on it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWf9ji7ZDE0

Love the dog part :hihi:
MuLab of course :D

enCiphered wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:53 am UVI, you absolutely need to make the workflow of Falcon more user-friendly. Working with randomization is absolutely no fun and is killing it. Every time I want to randomly change parameters in modules, I have to right-click to open a menu and then search for random, alternate, etc. and click on it. This is ridiculous and quite frustrating. Do that 10 times, and you'll be totally fed up and ready to shut it down and use something else instead. Could you please place a small dice icon in each module, prominently visible, especially in the sequencers and arps?

The time I waste on such repetitive tasks like param. randomization, host automation or assigning external modulation is completely absurd..
My workflow for randomisation is to always use a S/H lfo, so in edit view if I click on a parameter the modulator appears at the bottom. Seems OK to me.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

Pane on the right side of Falcon contains presets for modulators (the rightmost tab), which you can drag and drop onto targets.. It would be really cool if ALL modulators would be listed here. Then you could just drag and drop them around.

Anyone else notice horrible regressions in performance in Falcon 3?

They have rebuilt the mixer view and now I can't seem to find an effective way to limit polyphony in Falcon, which is leading to 80-100 voices active after playing less than 20 notes in a 10 second time period, which in turn is leading to crackling and CPU/DSP overloads far worse than in falcon 2, in the same hardware (mac m1 ultra).

I used to use falcon as a multi timbral workstation (it's actual literal job and formerly, the thing it was good at). Now even on a machine that used to handle falcon fine, the performance has gone to crap.

Did they actually remove some global polyphony limit from preferences? At the program level, there is no way that I can see that the PROGRAM>POLYPHONY and PROGRAM>NOTE POLYPHONY levels have any effect when set. It seems that the over all cost per voice is about 2x more CPU per active voice in falcon3.

Warren

wpostma wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:55 am Anyone else notice horrible regressions in performance in Falcon 3?

They have rebuilt the mixer view and now I can't seem to find an effective way to limit polyphony in Falcon, which is leading to 80-100 voices active after playing less than 20 notes in a 10 second time period, which in turn is leading to crackling and CPU/DSP overloads far worse than in falcon 2, in the same hardware (mac m1 ultra).

I used to use falcon as a multi timbral workstation (it's actual literal job and formerly, the thing it was good at). Now even on a machine that used to handle falcon fine, the performance has gone to crap.

Did they actually remove some global polyphony limit from preferences? At the program level, there is no way that I can see that the PROGRAM>POLYPHONY and PROGRAM>NOTE POLYPHONY levels have any effect when set. It seems that the over all cost per voice is about 2x more CPU per active voice in falcon3.

Warren
Nope, I didn't notice, my older tracks play the same.
I am on apple silicon too. .

I don't experience it on windows neither

Perhaps this is a question answered somewhere else but I couldn't find it from an internet search-- does anyone know how to disable the "stuck" red keys (that cause other keys to get "stuck" as well for some reason?) under 'mapping' that occasionally rear their ugly heads?
quod tu es, ego fui, quod ego sum, tu eris

PebbleInAStream wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:19 pm Perhaps this is a question answered somewhere else but I couldn't find it from an internet search-- does anyone know how to disable the "stuck" red keys (that cause other keys to get "stuck" as well for some reason?) under 'mapping' that occasionally rear their ugly heads?
No, but I have the same issue (bitwig).
Except when using a MIDI controller

Return to “Instruments”