Valhalla news...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:22 pm
ThomasN wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:15 pm A low cut for VRoom was a request of mine, years ago. Answer back then: Can't be done, because it would break backwards compatibility (while other developers added features to their products without any problems).
Sean addressed this somewhere, I specifically read a thing where he said he used to think that adding new parameters would break compatibility, when it turns out that most DAWs don't have a problem with it as long as the new parameters are at the end of the list.
I'm aware of that, thanks. This just shows that back then, he just had to ask a fellow developer, how they are adding new parameters without breaking bc, instead of displaying a rather arrogant attitude. Well, better late than never, I guess.

Did anyone notice that Supermassive was updated to V3? I think it was just today.

New modes Virgo and Leo.

ThomasN wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:38 pm I'm aware of that, thanks. This just shows that back then, he just had to ask a fellow developer, how they are adding new parameters without breaking bc, instead of displaying a rather arrogant attitude. Well, better late than never, I guess.
You are really trying much too hard to find new ways to be negative toward a developer who has done nothing but provide high-quality plugins at affordable prices and update them regularly, afaic.

And your latest argument above is truly reaching. So he "just had to ask a fellow developer" to implement an update to his plugin? Give me a break, you have absolutely no idea if that's true or not. You are in no position whatsoever to conclude anything about the development of his plugins, but don't let that stop you from looking like a true jackass here... :tu:

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:25 pm Did anyone notice that Supermassive was updated to V3? I think it was just today.

New modes Virgo and Leo.
I did. Leos fab for extreme ambient, long builds etc. Virgo the opposite, nicely lofi and grainy. Amazing this is a freebie.

GaryG wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:55 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:25 pm Did anyone notice that Supermassive was updated to V3? I think it was just today.

New modes Virgo and Leo.
I did. Leos fab for extreme ambient, long builds etc. Virgo the opposite, nicely lofi and grainy. Amazing this is a freebie.
I only noticed because I went to download room v2. And there was no mention, but then someone updated the supermassive thread, which would have been the place to mention it I guess.

Virgo almost (but not exactly) repeats my favourite little plugin Droplet from Sinevibes, at least I was trying to reproduce one preset. Anyhoo, really fantastic stuff for a free plugin, and wow, Leo is more ambient sweetness.
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:29 pm I only noticed because I went to download room v2. And there was no mention, but then someone updated the supermassive thread, which would have been the place to mention it I guess.
I saw Valhallas post on Facebook last night but it was a surprise, what with all the noise about Room etc.

Whatever, glad it exists. :)

Room gets new features Space and Low cut, Delay gets new mode RichPitch and Supermassive two new modes. Going to be a fun holiday weekend, Thanks Valhalla. Short testing they all sound great.

There was a preset Sean posted on Gearspace for VintageVerb that showed the version as 4.0.b4. Might be more on the way!

I was messing with the presets, they're brilliant starting points. Maybe there are some special sweet spots people can find, and you can paste them on the thread!
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

I already have Raum, Blackhole, and Supermassive. Do I really need this?

Supermassive installer is failing for me on MacBook Air M1. Had no issues on Windows. I haven't seen any other reports of this so maybe it's just me. I don't really use it so it's no big deal for now.

seismicfm wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:57 am I already have Raum, Blackhole, and Supermassive. Do I really need this?
I have too many reverbs (I'm never buying another one; this time I mean it; oops).

Still, how often do you hear a new song and think, holy moly, what was that reverb?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

seismicfm wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:57 am I already have Raum, Blackhole, and Supermassive. Do I really need this?
''Do I really need this?'' No.
''Do I really WANT this?'' Yes.

Processing a little soprano sax improv I recorded this morning with Valhalla Room version 2.0 (introducing the new Space parameter) and SuperMassive version 3.0

https://youtu.be/_GJVCainnKw

Return to “Effects”