Does 2 instances of UVI Falcon use less cpu than one? SOLVED!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Falcon

I read somewhere that Falcon only uses one core but two or more spreads the use across multiple cores. Anybody with real knowledge on that? Right now I have one instance of 16 channels used and I'm wondering if I would save any noticeable amount of cpu if instead I used 2 instances of 8 channels each instead. Curious on that.
Last edited by dblock on Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why not try it ??
<list your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:22 pm Why not try it ??
I could but I didn't want to change my template to experiment if someone who actually knows whether or not it would make any difference responds so maybe someone will.

You're correct, dblock. UVI has a knowledge base article on that as well. I'm running into the spam filter and can't seem to post the link, but if you Google search for "Falcon how to reduce CPU load" the article on uvi.net should show up.

Falcon is single core. If you wan to run in multicore you will need a host like Unity.

stickster wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:25 pm You're correct, dblock. UVI has a knowledge base article on that as well. I'm running into the spam filter and can't seem to post the link, but if you Google search for "Falcon how to reduce CPU load" the article on uvi.net should show up.
Very helpful stickster. I ended up getting rid of a ton of plugins I almost never use anyway so I'm good now. Thanks.

Gam456 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:50 pm Falcon is single core. If you wan to run in multicore you will need a host like Unity.
Now there's something I never even thought of. Unity. I have it but never really found myself using it but that's a good way to use it. Thanks Gam456! :tu:

dblock wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:27 pm
Gam456 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:50 pm Falcon is single core. If you wan to run in multicore you will need a host like Unity.
Now there's something I never even thought of. Unity. I have it but never really found myself using it but that's a good way to use it. Thanks Gam456! :tu:
Sorry I'm dumb, when you say "Unity" are you referring to the VST host "Unify" by Pluginguru? Is that a typo and supposed to be Unify? I tried googling "Unity" but not coming up with anything that makes sense to me relative to this discussion. Thanks.

seangm wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:47 pm
Sorry I'm dumb, when you say "Unity" are you referring to the VST host "Unify" by Pluginguru? Is that a typo and supposed to be Unify? I tried googling "Unity" but not coming up with anything that makes sense to me relative to this discussion. Thanks.
Actually, I hadn't even caught that he said Unity. My brain saw Pluginguru Unify because to me that would make sense so I didn't think twice about it. No clue what Unity would be.

Sorry about that
You right it's Unify from Pluguru

Gam456 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:58 pm
Sorry about that
You right it's Unify from Pluguru
Got it thanks. That's good to know, I have Falcon and Unify but haven't tried running multiple Falcon instances in Unify yet.

Return to “Instruments”