Diva Reverence - a more authentic look

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

Intrigued by the options to change the skins on Diva I thought I'd give it a go... and then 2 months later after many many hours searching through the script, drawing everything in CAD, rendering, illustrating and animating it's here.

A complete homage to the original synths in 19"rack format.

I've generally remained faithful to the general layout of the original so the manual is still relevant and added a few labels for clarity. Hopefully the lower section is a little more subdued but defined. Lots of higher res detail in the controls so they don't pixellate. I was aiming for an aesthetic that spoke a little more analogue, a little more used, a little more setting the scene for the classic sounds of Diva.

https://youtu.be/MPstHqFhtSA

If anyone's interested it's available here - there are three versions included in the same price. Two have a well worn look with different lighting and one has a nearly new look with walnut side panels. The files can be swapped around suit your own preference.

https://payhip.com/b/hFjmU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Viridescence on Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:02 am, edited 14 times in total.

Plugmon has set the bar, tough competition.

Plugmon certainly has - but I'm taking a different approach. I'm aiming for the feel of the original synths, something that visually captures the vintage analogue - and still allows you to refer to the excellent u-he Diva manual.

Wow, that looks absolutely beautiful, congratulations! It would be great if you could add a few high-resolution screenshots to the sales page so potential buyers can have a better look at the entire GUI. Unfortunately, the video is not of high quality, its compressed by Youtubes engine

There are images as well as the video on the payhip page if you scroll - they are restricted to 1000 pixels by payhip. You can view the YouTube in higher HD if you change the settings
New images have been added to the main post now - Thanks
Last edited by Viridescence on Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah yes, I see. Somehow my browser didn´t load the gallery arrows. Great job :tu:

This looks pretty cool but I'm not sure I like the way the light falls on it. Looks like there's a tree outside of the window and sun only partially goes through. Not something you really need while staring on the screen working with a plugin, IMO. Try without that effect?

Thanks for the feedback, I wasn’t sure it would suit everyone but now that I have everything set up there are plenty of options for rendering in a flatter light or different colour ways. Customisation is even possible if there was a demand - simply by swapping over some of the image files in the download.

Looks cool, but please remove the falling light, its winter here, doesnt match the outside😀

Also rust/scratches/dust from the modules could be removed too, we all know digital goods do not rust😀

The light in my studio has particularly long shadows at this time of year 😀 but seeing as this is all physically rendered in a virtual environment you can have any day of the year you wish. Food for thought though so I’ll work on offering a few options.

thank you for the consideration :) also option with wooden panels would be awesome :) overal i like the this realistic design idea :) i see potential but not buying yet :)

Viridescence wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:34 pm Thanks for the feedback, I wasn’t sure it would suit everyone but now that I have everything set up there are plenty of options for rendering in a flatter light or different colour ways. Customisation is even possible if there was a demand - simply by swapping over some of the image files in the download.
you can bundle everything in and make gui customisation built in :wink:

There are now two options in the same zipped file on PayHIP. An extra folder with items that can be swapped over with the original files with less cast shadows. All the Panes have been freshly rendered and a few icons and animations to swap over. Or duplicate the theme and have them both to compare.

Alternative versions....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Viridescence on Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okay the rack-mount handles on the side-panels actually do look pretty cool.

Return to “u-he”