Quantity, quality and variety

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There must be just some few music makers who can combine quantity, quality and variety in their production.

If s/he wants quantity, either quality or variety gets lost.
If s/he wants quality, s/he must choose either quantity or variety.
If s/he wants variety, it happens either with quantity or quality.

Cool story, bro.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

david bowie immediately came to mind
the quality part is subjective of course

the guy had about 10 different personas
so that took care of the variety and quantity parts

the quality part, in this subject's opinion is...
superb

just a small example of his quality variety, and quantity:

https://youtu.be/HyMm4rJemtI?si=-3W8Eu0EwGpvTpT5
https://youtu.be/lXgkuM2NhYI?si=nM7cU6htUVfQXz7b
https://youtu.be/Z9nIt_40kcU?si=wuTq49Ym0ycvlOsq
https://youtu.be/_Yhd_qhIr2g?si=xyun6wKfY997qFbf
https://youtu.be/g33-W9t2q2Q?si=lZjIQtrlJov71IKX
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Every Beatles hit was basically recorded between 1962 and 1969. If there’s a band that produced more high quality music in as diverse a style range in as short a time, I’d love to know about it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:05 pm Every Beatles hit was basically recorded between 1962 and 1969. If there’s a band that produced more high quality music in as diverse a style range in as short a time, I’d love to know about it.
It helped that their first songs were so very simple. Nowdays even novice song makers must show sophistication to launch a career.

harvon wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:03 am
zerocrossing wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:05 pm Every Beatles hit was basically recorded between 1962 and 1969. If there’s a band that produced more high quality music in as diverse a style range in as short a time, I’d love to know about it.
It helped that their first songs were so very simple. Nowdays even novice song makers must show sophistication to launch a career.
Well, it was in the style of the time, made with the technology of the time. Music hasn’t changed on any fundamental level, it just has a higher degree of technology and production.
Zerocrossing Media

Well, I think there's a misunderstanding: Most musicians here don't want a "career"
at all. You can see that here.

It's more the playing around with a DAW, trying out different plugins and GUIs that
interests people. :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:21 am Well, I think there's a misunderstanding: Most musicians here don't want a "career"
at all.
I meant to say that nowdays even novice song makers must show sophistication if they want to launch a career.
You can see that here.
Nice query. Looks like a heavy majority of solo producers here, I am one too. But for every group however, cooperation would give more satisfactory results.

I would suggest that the velvets covered quite a few styles on their albums
I used to be Bunnyboy many many years ago

Bunny_boy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:24 pm
I’ve never even heard of the velvets.
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:50 pm
Bunny_boy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:24 pm
I’ve never even heard of the velvets.
Lou, John and co

I used to be Bunnyboy many many years ago

enroe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:21 am
Well, I think there's a misunderstanding: Most musicians here don't want a "career"
at all. You can see that here.

It's more the playing around with a DAW, trying out different plugins and GUIs that
interests people. :D
That poll is pretty meaningless. First off, only 61 people responded, and one was me, just now. :hihi: Second, there wasn’t a “I’m already working as a professional doing music and/or production” option. Lastly, people don’t even know what they actually want. I wanted to be a professional musician… until I started doing it, and I grew to hate it. That said, when a job doing game music was offered to me, I took it. I bet if you took everyone in that poll and offered them a decent wage to create music, they’d almost all take it.
Zerocrossing Media

quantity, ive done a track every day this year, aside from two days, when my pc was playing up.
quality yup, they're bloody good!
variety, some bleep, some bloop.

ill take my prize now :)

harvon wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:46 pm There must be just some few music makers who can combine quantity, quality and variety in their production.

If s/he wants quantity, either quality or variety gets lost.
If s/he wants quality, s/he must choose either quantity or variety.
If s/he wants variety, it happens either with quantity or quality.
No, that's just how human beings are. IMHO 99% of their music is so-so or bad
Furthermore, if anyone can make more than a couple of great songs they are among the 0.01% of all people who have ever lived. For each genre there is a learning curve, but for the casual listener, they never know.

harvon wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:15 pm
enroe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:21 am Well, I think there's a misunderstanding: Most musicians here don't want a "career"
at all.
I meant to say that nowdays even novice song makers must show sophistication if they want to launch a career.
Yes - but most of the time their "sophistication" is lost in collecting plugins and DAWs.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”