Metal Instrumental Track - VST-Test

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/drakken3d/drakken3d-rokker

Hi there. This is a kinda VST-Test, including the following instruments: Prominy-V-Metal (Solos), Hydra 3 + Archetype Nolly (Rhythm & Lead), Krimh Drums, Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass. The voice is AI generated.

BPM 110. This is no low-tuned song, as it should sound more like rock or punk etc.

As I have not much experience with mixing, I assume there are some areas, that could be improved. Suggestions always welcome. The bass sounded really boomy, so I tried to eq it accordingly. Not sure, if that worked.

Thanks for listening
Last edited by ESMedia24 on Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Very loud mix... it is interesting what can be done with AI, even vocals. The guitars are very bright and fat. Nice. The drums are good, too. A drawback is, that the guitars are playing all through the track without a break. Maybe you should think about some rest and calm passage. Besides, it is a quite nice track.

Thanks. Yeah, it has -6,7 LUFS. That may be a bit over the top :-)

-6,7 is very loud. My tracks appear to have -8 db.

So I took out one of the lead parts and reduced loudness to around -8.3 LUFS

Ok

Wow, that sounds very realistic. Presumably a sample library (no AI)? Yeah, that's pretty loud, I would have guessed at least -8 dB LUFS. It depends on the reference (I'm not familiar with this genre) if the tracks are very loud.

Metal is rather on the loud side of things :-)

And yes, it's just sample libraries. I only used AI for the voice (Eleven Labs).

The guitar fills and solos sound good. There is something about the rhythm guitar playing that sounds off to me; at that speed, I'm thinking the rhythm guitar part should sound more like alternate strumming is going on. Which VSTi is performing the strumming of the main riff?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Shreddage Hydra. But I did not look at strumming so far. Good hint. Will take a look later today.

Thanks

Okay. So I redid many chords manually with sustained notes and strumming. In some areas that really sounds better than power chords. Btw, power chords die out way faster than chords done with single notes.

Those changes you made sound really good. :phones: I should collab with you on a future project. :D
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Music Cafe”