non iLok reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I got rid of all my iLok plugins, except Seventh Heaven (LiquidSonics). What is a good reverb which doesn't require iLok (and also not Waves)? I have Valhalla Room, but I wonder if there is anything else. How is NI Raum for example?

Try Raum out, it's free as part of Komplete Start. I'd assume you know of Supermassive already too. Then there's DDMF Endless and Adam Szabo's Solaris, both free and worth a try. Spectral Plugins just made their products freeware too, including Spacer which is a great multi effect tool with several types of reverb. Other paid options that I currently use that I would highly recommend and are non-iLok are: Heavyocity Vast, D16 Toraverb 2, NI RC 24 / RC 48, and I've just been persuaded into getting 112dB's Redline Reverb too.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Raum is great

Valhalla was my going to be my suggestion. It's probably the best non-ilok plug-in. I use it a lot on orchestral. Fabfilter, Melda, and Hornet all have their own paid reverbs but allow you install all their plugins on as many computers as you own. That's primarily why I buy their plug-ins. I also suggest Toraverb.
Last edited by Mathematics on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

protoverb, outer space 2, miniverb, fog convolver, echobode, aaltoverb

Thanks for the suggestions! I will look into them. To be honest I am happy with Valhalla Room, it's just as if it puts some particles in the air making the reverb denser than what I want. It is totally possible that this is a user error from my side, I don't understand all the sliders.

ChanceB wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:24 pm Raum is great
:tu:
No auto tune...

Another vote for Raum. I also like Izotope Reverb with the listen assistant. Usually spot on.

lajosuti wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:45 pm Thanks for the suggestions! I will look into them. To be honest I am happy with Valhalla Room, it's just as if it puts some particles in the air making the reverb denser than what I want. It is totally possible that this is a user error from my side, I don't understand all the sliders.
Well Valhalla VintageVerb would be the most obvious recommendation then...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

osiris wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:07 pm Another vote for Raum. I also like Izotope Reverb with the listen assistant. Usually spot on.
I was also going to Recommend Neoverb. It has a bunch of great features but I think Raum sounds better. I have a bunch of Reverbs and even more delays but use Raum and Replika xt pretty much on everything

If you are after that M7 - Sound, you might also want to try Verberate 2.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

+1 for Acon Verberate 2.

start collecting IRs and try out some convolution revs.

Verberate 2 also has a free basic version that might cover what you need. Other popular freebie options include OrilRiver and Dragonfly Reverb.
Image Image Image Image

Melda MTurboReverb is on sale for the next 22 hours for $159
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MTurboReverb
I got it as part of the MXXX bundle when it was half off. It's pretty great at everything.
These reviews are from when it was released back in 2017 but it has been updated several times since then. Melda does free updates for life.
https://musictech.com/reviews/melda-mtu ... rb-review/
https://xlr8r.com/gear/review-meldaprod ... rboreverb/

Return to “Effects”