Waveform 13 Automation Bug after last update?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this? after the last update, All my automations are bugging out. I'll apply a 2db volume drop to a volume fader for example and instead of dropping 2db it'll start at 0db and gradually climb up in tiny increments, then any audio behind the first automation point is set to 0db (despite the automation curve showing otherwise). this happens for any automation on any pugin including volume faders and stock plugins, I've deleted the volume fader and re-added to the track, re drew the automation with the same result, this is effecting any project I open. Is there anyway to roll back to the previous update while this is fixed?

I recommend that you use specific numbers rather than just "last update". You should probably also tell us your OS.

I'm using 13.0.42 (the last update as far as I know) on Windows 10 and I just added some automation to a volume plugin. It worked as expected.

All the versions you own can be downloaded from the Tracktion website. When logged in go to your account then "My Downloads" then "INDIVIDUAL INSTALLERS" then "WAVEFORM PRO 13" then "BETA".
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

seems to be working fine for me also on 13.0.42 (Windows 11).

You can download old versions here: https://marketplace.tracktion.com/downl ... chive?v=13

Can you create a simple edit that reproduces the issue and share with me at roland@tracktion.com?

Thanks for the reply :) Have emailed a video of the issue

I can reproduce and will get it fixed asap. There is a bug when two automation points have the same time stamp (ie, steps). In the mean time go settings > advanced and turn on high res automation.

pough wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:16 am I recommend that you use specific numbers rather than just "last update". You should probably also tell us your OS.

I'm using 13.0.42 (the last update as far as I know) on Windows 10 and I just added some automation to a volume plugin. It worked as expected.

All the versions you own can be downloaded from the Tracktion website. When logged in go to your account then "My Downloads" then "INDIVIDUAL INSTALLERS" then "WAVEFORM PRO 13" then "BETA".
Yes, I have the same problem on last update (13.0.42, Windows 10).

Try beta 13.0.44 and please confirm if that fixes it

FigBug wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:18 pm Try beta 13.0.44 and please confirm if that fixes it
I tried 13.0.44 final and this problem was fixed.

But I found another problem with automation lines: if you have a point with some value that you want to edit from keyboard, it will be reset to zero. Any value you enter from keyboard will be ignored and set to 0.

alex_rx wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:46 am
FigBug wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:18 pm Try beta 13.0.44 and please confirm if that fixes it

But I found another problem with automation lines: if you have a point with some value that you want to edit from keyboard, it will be reset to zero. Any value you enter from keyboard will be ignored and set to 0.
I'm not seeing this is it only with a particular plugin?

FigBug wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:02 pm
alex_rx wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:46 am

I'm not seeing this is it only with a particular plugin?
Oh, yes! One of them. Thanks

Return to “Tracktion”