RIP - Steve Albini

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Steve Albini passed. Heart attack aged 61. Total legend. Always willing to share his knowledge with anyone who asked. Great work ethic and views about music industry finances. Incredible engineer.

Damn.

RIP.
No longer a moderator.

damn :(
rip.

Oh no :(

f**k, just read the Shellac interview in the Wire today.
I used to be Bunnyboy many many years ago

Blimey, very young.

Big fan of a lot of his work as an artsit/band, damn shame

https://youtu.be/-6VHV-0s254?si=f1LYMGRETz5uUHKk

https://youtu.be/HuO3wwLuF0w?si=kx9qMgmOeV8pFn5B

Damn that’s young. Incredible visionary guy. Shellac is a fav of mine. I’ll be badmouthing my SM57 in his honor this week.

He was a giant. A model of integrity and passion. That's much too young... and he died in his studio... Now is the time to be grateful for what he brought to the music world. Rest in peace!

f**k, of all the opinionated curmudgeons he was definitely one of my favorites. What a legend.

RIP.

holy f**k.

RIP.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Damn, that's a big loss. Incredible engineer/musician. Yeah, far too young... :(
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Big Black were fantastic, saw their second to last tour date. Saw his next solid band Shellac a few times, always good. He hit the ground running with Big Blakc though. I really didn't see him as a party guy? but health is at least half lucky genes. One of the funniest tour diaries I've ever read was his pisstake in an old punk/alternative rag on the last Big Black tour where he rates the heroin and hookers in every major city and country. [I'm pretty certain he wasn't a junkie, otherwise him and Al Jourgeson from Ministry would have been bigger buddies both hailing from Chicago USA]

I very honestly completely agreed with him about the music industry and thought he was full of shit about reel to reel recording and the rest of his views on music past the early 90's. Which of course is right up his alley, he never struck me as someone who wanted you to agree with him 100%.

Damn, how is this possible!? Too soon!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I used to be Bunnyboy many many years ago

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”