Saving presets and Automating Preset Changes - how?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everybody,
I've been putting off getting Bitwig for years due to having Ableton but because of the new 50% off sale, I think this will be the time.
So forgive me for comparing to Ableton but a question -
In Ableton I use the M4L plugin Preseter for fast plugin preset saving and recording/ recall within the timeline.
Does Bitwig have a similar plugin? If not could anybody explain to me how to do this or point me to a video showing how?

Thanks!

I don't know Preseter, but from your explanation, I do something similar with a Selector device. With Selector devices, the user can add multiple instances of a plugin with different settings and switch between them on the fly.

This is interesting!
It's different than preseter but the same results can be achieved.

Thanks for letting me know!

paf1 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:35 pm This is interesting!
It's different than preseter but the same results can be achieved.

Thanks for letting me know!
Yes, same basic results.

Preseter is tidier, but Selector devices are more flexible. For example, with Selectors, you can put different instruments or FX on each layer.

Also, for example, with an Instrument Selector, if there is a long release on notes and you switch layers, the previous layer will finish the released notes. The sound will not be cut off.

Wow, different FX on each layer, the thought just blew my mind!

There's a tendency to switch from 1 daw to another and want to keep your exact workflow but now with more and new features.
Can it do this, can it do this? This selector shows me to have an open mind and if I really need something exact I can always pop back to Ableton.

Return to “Bitwig”