Where is Reason 13?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

loungepanda wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:23 am
JamminFool wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:38 am
loungepanda wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:56 am
It's like they expect you to buy expensive effects to cover what should already be part of the package. Why would anyone do that?
but this happen with all DAWS. or do you use only the stock effects in your DAW of choice?
Stock effects shouldn't necessarily compete with third-party but they should be up to standard. Do you think that, say, MClass or SSL EQ is comparable to EQ8, EQ+ or Fruity PEQ2?
idk. you asked who would do that. i'm pointing out that everyone does.

They started teasing Reason 13 on their Instagram channel

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6bZtoANOQZ/

spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:47 am
jens wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:38 am
spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:54 am Yeah if you can't sidechain in your DAW that's not Reason's fault :D
If that's meant to be in reply to me it means you completely misunterstood what I wrote.
Maybe... What I understand is that your complaint is about not being possible to exploit all the modulation/sidechain possibilities of the Reason DAW when you run it as a plugin. But that's the case for all DAWs except that most won't let you run the built in devices as plugins in other DAWs...

I fail to see how this is the worst of both worlds, it's just more options for us to use.
Ah, but once we could bring the whole interacting complexity of Reason into another DAW using Rewire.

Then they took it away, and told us RRP was a better replacement.

It is better in many ways, but RRP only really replaces Rewire if you weren't using Rewire in an interesting way.

imrae wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:19 pm
spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:47 am
jens wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:38 am
spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:54 am Yeah if you can't sidechain in your DAW that's not Reason's fault :D
If that's meant to be in reply to me it means you completely misunterstood what I wrote.
Maybe... What I understand is that your complaint is about not being possible to exploit all the modulation/sidechain possibilities of the Reason DAW when you run it as a plugin. But that's the case for all DAWs except that most won't let you run the built in devices as plugins in other DAWs...

I fail to see how this is the worst of both worlds, it's just more options for us to use.
Ah, but once we could bring the whole interacting complexity of Reason into another DAW using Rewire.

Then they took it away, and told us RRP was a better replacement.

It is better in many ways, but RRP only really replaces Rewire if you weren't using Rewire in an interesting way.
Seems like communication between RRP instances a la the Moog effects would solve most of this, no?
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Perhaps. If each plugin is a "view" into the same rack, there are some tricky decisions to make about the consequences of saving/loading/deleting/duplicating the plugin instances.

kmonkey wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:13 pm They started teasing Reason 13 on their Instagram channel

This is awesome. I'm ready to see what they do with 13!
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Yeah, we will probably know more in the upcoming days. I'll see what they were thinking and cooking. If DAW as a DAW doesn't receive significant updates and if this is a more devices-oriented upgrade I guess most of the old users will be disappointed. We will see.

kmonkey wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:13 pm They started teasing Reason 13 on their Instagram channel

I know a guy who got 'Cubase SX3' tattooed on his forehead, Cubase 4 came out 2 weeks later. :roll:

lotus2035 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:06 pm

I know a guy who got 'Cubase SX3' tattooed on his forehead, Cubase 4 came out 2 weeks later. :roll:
Ah, Berlin...

lotus2035 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:06 pm

Are you saying Reason 14 is next? :hihi:
MuLab of course :D

Eventually yes, it will be, but tattoos are forever unless lazer surgery. :scared:

lotus2035 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:31 pm Eventually yes, it will be, but tattoos are forever unless lazer surgery. :scared:
Just avoid the next update :tu:
MuLab of course :D

Maybe '13' is the last version Reason will make, it will be officially finished, nothing else that can be added :o
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Right, like Windows 10 :D

loungepanda wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:23 am
JamminFool wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:38 am
loungepanda wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:56 am
It's like they expect you to buy expensive effects to cover what should already be part of the package. Why would anyone do that?
but this happen with all DAWS. or do you use only the stock effects in your DAW of choice?
Stock effects shouldn't necessarily compete with third-party but they should be up to standard. Do you think that, say, MClass or SSL EQ is comparable to EQ8, EQ+ or Fruity PEQ2?
There are better SSL Channel Strips on the market, but I think the one in Reason are fine enough.

I think it lacks in the FX department. Reason needs [more] Rack FX more than Rack Instruments and Players, right now.

When used as a Rack plug-in, this is non-factor since a lot of other DAWs have quite broad and high quality stock FX. It's only an issue when using Reason as a DAW. When I stopped using it as a DAW< I was able to remove a lot of redundant FX from my systems that I basically only had installed to plug gaps in Reason's plug-in set.

Overall, I think the workflow is just too inefficient to bother with it as a main DAW (for me). It's kinda nice in how it exposes the routing and such, but it requires more manual labor than doing a lot of the same things in other DAWs - which abstract a lot of this stuff and make it easier and/or much faster to accomplish.

These days, I only care about productivity as I've become more practical and less enthusiast about these things. Either it can make me money without the extra overhead, or it can't.

-----

Like I've stated before, I cannot see R13 not coming with major sequencer updates, which will be good for its core [DAW] user base. They just needed that kind of focus to be present and persistent starting over a decade ago. It's hard to "settle," these days, given the quality of choices we have on the market.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”