Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This announcement should be in the instruments section. In the "very bad instrument" section that is....

DrFolder wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:52 pm I like Reason and there alot of really good rack extensions, but having to manually mult cables is just so tiresome.
There is no need for cables in Reason
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

BrokenTrance wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:39 pm This announcement should be in the instruments section. In the "very bad instrument" section that is....
This post should be in the troll section - in the "very bad troll" section that is...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Had a chance to look more closely at the photo's of the new GUI changes next to my copy of Reason 12 being open and I really like the new refresh for 13. They got rid of the un-needed notches in the transport/arrangement sections and removed some of the old distracting shadow effects. It really does look cleaner and a bit easier on the eyes to me. This and the fact that the entire left section isn't taking up a third of the screen real estate is going to make this much nicer to work with. Obviously there are more details to be released about some of the changes to the sequencer but at least as far as the look, it appears they put some some thought into how to make it better for speed and ease of use.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Alright, time to wait for a sale on upgrades. :tu:

pekbro wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:10 am Alright, time to wait for a sale on upgrades. :tu:
As a happy sub user I’ll be getting it for free :D
Just have to be patient until June… :wink:

mdx4ever wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:31 am
pekbro wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:10 am Alright, time to wait for a sale on upgrades. :tu:
As a happy sub user I’ll be getting it for free :D
Just have to be patient until June… :wink:
Nice! ive had reason since version 1, generally i will upgrade during a sale,
if i dont skip a version. In other words,
im used to waiting. :tu:

:phones:
Last edited by SmajjL on Sat May 04, 2024 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Did anyone apply for the beta? I was on their beta 12 train. Applied yesterday for 13. Refreshing every second. It has been 24 hours since then and I need to sleep a bit. Still no enter to beta 13. Maybe my key on the mouse is broken by now? Can anyone hit refresh for me or did anyone enter it?

:hihi:

kmonkey wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:09 am Did anyone apply for the beta? I was on their beta 12 train. Applied yesterday for 13.
If you really are on their R12 Beta, then for sure you did log in and read the official statement & next steps on the upcoming beta phase, no?

Crossinger wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:09 am
kmonkey wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:09 am Did anyone apply for the beta? I was on their beta 12 train. Applied yesterday for 13.
If you really are on their R12 Beta, then for sure you did log in and read the official statement & next steps on the upcoming beta phase, no?
Yes, I did (Loui). I don't know I thought my post was a clear enough attempt at a joke. For the record, I was not awake the whole night and didn't refresh their website all the time.

kmonkey wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:15 am Yes, I did (Loui). I don't know I thought my post was a clear enough attempt at a joke.
Alright, all good then :hug:

jens wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:06 pm
DrFolder wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:52 pm I like Reason and there alot of really good rack extensions, but having to manually mult cables is just so tiresome.
There certainly is a need to patch cables in Reason. If you want to modulate parameters or split signals.

Of course. If you're going to take advantage of the modular features of Reason patching is needed. But if you just want to use it like most other daws, by simply drag and drop plugins in order, the autorouting got you covered.

DrFolder wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:31 am
jens wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:06 pm
There certainly is a need to patch cables in Reason. If you want to modulate parameters or split signals.
Nah, the cables are basically just a graphical gimmick in Reason. You can completely hide them if you want to. ;-)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”