Eventide updates H3000 Factory and Band Delays

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jamcat wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:12 am
jens wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:57 pm I think that would be just too much work for too little interest tbh...

and I would guess they think that they have most everything interesting which the H3000 plugins themselves do not cover, covered elsewhere - and usually better (.e.g. with Ultratap and Tverb (Reverb Factory)).
I think that is a valid point, yes multi-shift and diatonic harmonizing (which is what I think the H3000 is really all about) is covered by Octavox and Quadravox, and the Phaser is covered by Instant Phaser (the H3000 manual says “return of the Instant Phaser”) and Ultra-Tap is covered by UltraTap. (I think Utraverb is going to be closer to Reverb Factory, and SP2016 is going to be similar to Dense Reverb.)

However, H3000 factory Mk I covered the ‘Factory’ algorithms just as well as those plugins cover the respective H3000 algorithms. You were personally dissatisfied with the Mk I versions because they didn’t fully emulate the ADC/DAC converters. And in the same way, those other plugins don’t precisely capture the full H3000 experience. (And actually, I don’t see any “deglitching” switch in the H3000 Factory’s Expert page, unlike that hardware.)

So what I want is not some “it will do” type plugins that get you in the ballpark, but a full virtual H3000 in my DAW that takes the place of the hardware, complete with all the original presets. That’s what Mk II is supposed to be all about. I honestly don’t know what the interest in that would be, but I don’t think it is insignificant. The H3000 is still the #1 thing from Eventide that people know and want.

And I don’t know of any plugins from Eventide that do Reverse Shift.
I thought they might make v2 to be a complete H3000 emulation, but I guess not. Kind of weird, as I agree with you. It would be a big deal for a lot of people. In general, though, I have a lot of great effects while I used to do a lot of pitch shifting on guitar stuff for ambient, I sort of got bored with it. Now that I don’t do live shows, I much prefer to just play harmony parts in adjacent tracks. I did put together a little feedback-pitch thing today, like I used to. Got all crazy. The only thing that was missing was the LSD. :hihi:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

It is time for a full H-3000 emulation.

Gam456 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:30 pmIf you look closer. Eventide released less than 5% of their algorithms
The mighty H9000 have more than 1600 algorithms !
1600 plugins x $199 each = $318,400 :hihi:

I have the hardware H3000 and still use these plugins a lot!
Reverb collector

attack magazine has an interview with the devs:
https://www.attackmagazine.com/features ... armonizer/

I’m definitely liking the new versions. While it would be nice to have a full H3500 emulator, I’ve gotten great results using Melda’s MXXX, which has lots of great algorithms that are each very flexible, and almost everything is modulatable.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

The other day I was making a song, and I thought, damn, if I had about 1000 more algorithms, I could get the right sound.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

It's 2024 not 1992.

It's 1986 here.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:57 pm The other day I was making a song, and I thought, damn, if I had about 1000 more algorithms, I could get the right sound.
only 1000, look bigger :D

Synthman2000 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:30 pm It's 2024 not 1992.
i know, shit isn't it.
back then, the future looked awesome. how wrong we were.

zerocrossing wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:38 pm I’m definitely liking the new versions. While it would be nice to have a full H3500 emulator, I’ve gotten great results using Melda’s MXXX, which has lots of great algorithms that are each very flexible, and almost everything is modulatable.
Melda's MXXX is indeed a very good "Eventide Hxxx processor in a box". It's the ultimate easy playground with a ton of features. The next step up would be something like Reaktor.

This H3000 AD/DA emulation is really interesting though. Haven't heard anything like it before. It's super weird with it's less than a sample delay offset on one of the channels. I was experimenting with doing this using Eventides own Precision delay and it's indeed a very strange thing and does seem to do something at the analogue output. These are the same oddities I noticed while we worked on Pro-L2. Having things just slightly offset and change at high samplerates resulted in different analogue outputs on an oscilloscope. Very subtle stuff but it's there for sure.. and it gets really weird when you change the samplerate. This can be a bit of a headache if you start a project at 44.1kHz with a bunch of H3000 mk2 plugins all over the place and then for some reason decide to render at 48kHz or 96kHz. The output completely changes.

Anyhow, the H3000 mk2 plugin works really well as a digital mojo box. Just running things through it without any effects changes the sound output quite considerably. A great way to emulate the old feel of digital in the 90s.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

vurt wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:01 pm
i know, shit isn't it.
Future seems pretty good to me.
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:30 pm
i know, shit isn't it.
Future seems pretty good to me.
maggie philbin promised me we'd be travelling by jet pack like mandalorians.
colour me dissatisfied.

Here is a quick audio demo that I made today just to explore the H3000 as a "mojo" plugin. I inserted it on each individual track then drove each instance quite hard, just barely below audible clipping (though you can hear some "chunk" on the drums).

I've provided 24bit 48kHz .wav files that loop perfectly in case somebody wants to really dig in and listen carefully for the differences. To my ears it's clearly a bit strange and "chunky" sounding.. in a sort of cool way.

Original audio exmple with H3000 as mojo

H3000 mk2 instances removed from every track

Google Drive links, 24bit 48kHz .wav files. Approx 4.4mb each.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

i know, shit isn't it.
Naaah. :) People just like to bury their heads in the sand.

Return to “Effects”