Eventide updates H3000 Factory and Band Delays

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:34 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:30 pm
vurt wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:01 pm
Synthman2000 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:30 pm It's 2024 not 1992.
i know, shit isn't it.
back then, the future looked awesome. how wrong we were.
Future seems pretty good to me.
maggie philbin promised me we'd be travelling by jet pack like mandalorians.
colour me dissatisfied.
Imagine all the arseholes on the road with jet packs, and consider yourself lucky. We’re going Atwood, baby, not Lucas. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Back in 1992 I was sure we would have a full plugin version of the complete H3000 by 2024. :dog:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

That's of no relevance really, the effects processing we have ITB has superceded the sound of 1992 believe it or not. In sound quality, flexibility and usability.

If they released the real deal I doubt I would even buy that. It would still be outdated compared to what we have in 2024. The only thing people maybe want is the ago's for vocals. That is what this box was used for any making mono analogue synths sound better convincingly somewhat stereo.

The original factory plug in as far as I can recall was like a Zoom guitar FX box a load of barely usable presets of the flangey, phasey, pitchy, ping pong delay. Lacking in both taste and subtlety and why I never used it.

Synthman2000 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:07 am That's of no relevance really, the effects processing we have ITB has superceded the sound of 1992 believe it or not. In sound quality, flexibility and usability.
Unless you used an H3000 D/SE or PCM42 or a Prime Time or an AMS DMX in 1992, because then you can strikethrough sound quality since no plugin comes close to emulate that sound, really, but horses for courses.

bmanic wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:29 pm Here is a quick audio demo that I made today just to explore the H3000 as a "mojo" plugin. I inserted it on each individual track then drove each instance quite hard, just barely below audible clipping (though you can hear some "chunk" on the drums).

I've provided 24bit 48kHz .wav files that loop perfectly in case somebody wants to really dig in and listen carefully for the differences. To my ears it's clearly a bit strange and "chunky" sounding.. in a sort of cool way.

Original audio exmple with H3000 as mojo

H3000 mk2 instances removed from every track

Google Drive links, 24bit 48kHz .wav files. Approx 4.4mb each.
Maybe it's my ears getting old but I can't hear a meaningful difference between these two? :(

i know, shit isn't it.
Now is the good old days in the future…

jamcat wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:33 am Back in 1992 I was sure we would have a full plugin version of the complete H3000 by 2024. :dog:
Back in 1992 I was sure in 2024 people would have finally gotten over craving for and demanding stuff they actually have zero need for....
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

SamDi wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:43 pm
i know, shit isn't it.
Now is the good old days in the future…
In the past even the future was better...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:08 pm Back in 1992 I was sure in 2024 people would have finally gotten over craving for and demanding stuff they actually have zero need for....
I assure, you absent some major leap in human evolution, that will not be happening any time soon.

Liero wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:54 am
bmanic wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:29 pm Here is a quick audio demo that I made today just to explore the H3000 as a "mojo" plugin. I inserted it on each individual track then drove each instance quite hard, just barely below audible clipping (though you can hear some "chunk" on the drums).

I've provided 24bit 48kHz .wav files that loop perfectly in case somebody wants to really dig in and listen carefully for the differences. To my ears it's clearly a bit strange and "chunky" sounding.. in a sort of cool way.

Original audio exmple with H3000 as mojo

H3000 mk2 instances removed from every track

Google Drive links, 24bit 48kHz .wav files. Approx 4.4mb each.
Maybe it's my ears getting old but I can't hear a meaningful difference between these two? :(
It's quite subtle indeed. It's mostly a little bit of frequency response change and some strange phase offset in one channel, so it'll sound a little "off" and more smeared than the clip without the H3000 on the tracks.

It's only 6 tracks though so not all that many instances happening. You'll have a better chance at hearing the difference if you listen with a calibrated/phase aligned speaker set.. if you listen with headphones the difference will be very difficult to notice.

You can hear the phase offset very clearly if you simply add an instance of H3000 without any effects, just input to output and then use it as an AUX. It'll instantly cause big phase cancellations with the original track and that phase offset is completely dependent on the sampling rate. The above project was rendered from 96kHz so the offset is smaller than it would have been at 48 or 44.1
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Liero wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:54 am Maybe it's my ears getting old but I can't hear a meaningful difference between these two? :(
It makes a big difference for the bassline for sure...

Just messing around with the default settings here and there's clearly an almost full dB volume drop-off. Seems like adding about 0.8 on the output will compensate it.

Return to “Effects”