Airwindows Consolidated: Free Mac/Windows/Linux CLAP/VST3/AU/LV2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Airwindows Consolidated

Paul's told me this: "so maybe tomorrow at start of day you want to do a post or comment on the various socials about what we found and fixed day 1. That list is

All systems:
Add mousewheel support on the knobs. How could we have forgotten!
Further fix the problems involving the plugin not switching when audio processing wasnt running

Windows UI:
Menu follows HDPI status of the plugin and isn't tiny
Fixed a problem with font metrics which made all windows fonts too small, and low DPI ones unreadable

Linux:
Move the setting sfile from ~/AirwindowsConsolidated to ~/.config/AirwindowsConsolidated"

So there you go, that's the first day. We are agreed that Consolidated isn't going to become a multi-effects unit, and that we can't change the plugin name as shown in the DAW. Still, not bad for the first day of existence! Re-download it from the links at Github if any of these above problems seem like they'd be good to have fixed, because work is underway and often already done :D

This is such an excellent idea, especially for those of us who were overwhelmed with all the single choices. The only downside to this approach is that there's no way to distinguish the chosen effect from other instances of consolidated, just by looking at the channel-strip.

Perhaps it's possible to rename effects in other DAW, but currently in Logic there seems no way to be able to do so. Not sure if there's anything that can be done from within the plugin itself? (No coding experience, so no idea :oops: )

Anyway, it's a small annoyance. Will work my way through them, and work out a way of donating.

Many thanks :tu:

This is so great. Thank you.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:32 pm Perhaps it's possible to rename effects in other DAW, but currently in Logic there seems no way to be able to do so. Not sure if there's anything that can be done from within the plugin itself? (No coding experience, so no idea :oops: )
This is the most frequent impossible request we've had. The APIs don't let you change the plugin name at all at runtime. So the one downside of this consolidated plugin I see is indeed clumsy looking track listings.

Since all my tracks seem to always "surge / valhalla / airwindows / pianoteq" anyway I've kinda been used to that. But yeah understand the UI inconvenience this poses.

baconpaul wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:22 pm...The APIs don't let you change the plugin name at all at runtime...
Too bad. Oh well, not a biggie for me. Just need to rename them manually when needed. Shame for DAWs without rename ability though.

I look at this as more of a way to discover the various Airwindows plugins rather than replacing them. I can use this to try various plugins and when I find one that fits I can either keep using it via Consolidated or use the dedicated plugin.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:05 pm I look at this as more of a way to discover the various Airwindows plugins rather than replacing them.
+1, looks to me same.

Thanks @Chris and @Baconpaul for doing this one ! That´s awesome !
Finally i can start to dive into more of them.

a question or request:
i´d like to donate !....i only found a subcription service. I did not found any one-time payment method thru paypal. If that´s not existent, please make a "buy me a pizza" button.
I won´t subscribe to anything. ( i´m aware that i can cancel. Nevertheless, i won´t)

another question:
It would be cool to have a thread to discuss what the single plugins are finally doing.
which one is "really" good ......"for what exactly" ?
i guess, it would be more suitting to open a new thread for that one, right ?
....rather than to start asking away here ?

sprnva wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:05 pm I look at this as more of a way to discover the various Airwindows plugins rather than replacing them. I can use this to try various plugins and when I find one that fits I can either keep using it via Consolidated or use the dedicated plugin.
I think this will be a pretty common pattern yeah I agree especially for people who had experience with the collection before consolidated
Last edited by baconpaul on Tue May 07, 2024 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris I am really glad to see people trying this. You've been making awesome plugins for a long time now, I hope this gets them in front of more eyes and ears :) Really loving this release, great for getting to know the plugins and then you can load them up from the individual releases (or, at least, that's how I'm doing it). Galactic is great! I never tried that one! Should have, cool that it loads by default to teach me something!

jinxtigr wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:45 pm Paul's told me this: "so maybe tomorrow at start of day you want to do a post or comment on the various socials about what we found and fixed day 1. That list is

All systems:
Add mousewheel support on the knobs. How could we have forgotten!
Further fix the problems involving the plugin not switching when audio processing wasnt running

Windows UI:
Menu follows HDPI status of the plugin and isn't tiny
Fixed a problem with font metrics which made all windows fonts too small, and low DPI ones unreadable

Linux:
Move the setting sfile from ~/AirwindowsConsolidated to ~/.config/AirwindowsConsolidated"

So there you go, that's the first day. We are agreed that Consolidated isn't going to become a multi-effects unit, and that we can't change the plugin name as shown in the DAW. Still, not bad for the first day of existence! Re-download it from the links at Github if any of these above problems seem like they'd be good to have fixed, because work is underway and often already done :D
A good way for everyone to think of Airwindows Consolidated, is that it is a software program similar to the hardware Line 6 HX One Guitar Multi-effects Floor Processor --- It has hundreds of algorithms, but can only use one algorithm at a time per instance. :)

Edit:

Incidentally, if desired, one can easily add Airwindows Consolidated to Guitarix.vst with the LV2 version. :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

jinxtigr wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:12 am
camsr wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:23 am Is Plugin Delay Compensation supported?
What I mean is, if (do) any of your plugins report a latency and if they do, is it compensated when that plugin is loaded, but also if the plugin is changed.
That one I can answer: for pretty much everything based on a VST2 original plugin (and that, not AU, is where Paul's getting the code to build this), I don't report latency because frankly I never learned how you were supposed to do that.
setInitialDelay() is the function the (VST2) plugin defines to report sample delay to host. The return value is the number of samples as an integer.

A simple : thanks for your work. :tu:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

baconpaul wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:22 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:32 pm Perhaps it's possible to rename effects in other DAW, but currently in Logic there seems no way to be able to do so. Not sure if there's anything that can be done from within the plugin itself? (No coding experience, so no idea :oops: )
This is the most frequent impossible request we've had. The APIs don't let you change the plugin name at all at runtime. So the one downside of this consolidated plugin I see is indeed clumsy looking track listings.

Since all my tracks seem to always "surge / valhalla / airwindows / pianoteq" anyway I've kinda been used to that. But yeah understand the UI inconvenience this poses.
Thanks for the clarity. I should've realised that if it could've been done it already would've been done. As others have mentioned, it will still be a great way of auditioning the plugs, reading the 'blurb', then replacing these consolidated instances with the separate plugins.

Thanks so much to all involved :tu:

sprnva wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:05 pm I look at this as more of a way to discover the various Airwindows plugins rather than replacing them. I can use this to try various plugins and when I find one that fits I can either keep using it via Consolidated or use the dedicated plugin.
:tu:

Paul says, "Alright chris, here's the last 36 hours:

Support double precision processing if your host does, not just float, using the plugin processDoubleReplacing branch
Move the settings menu from the bottom of the filter menu to a "cog" settings menu in the lower left
In the settings menu, add an option to show or hide the documentation which is sticky
Make the 'Airwindows' footer text no longer a link which surprisingly would open a browser; move the visit airwindows link to the settings/about menu
Adjust to a particular use of the VST3/AU API in Renoise which caused AW Consolidated to deadlock/crash"

Return to “Effects”