Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

jamcat wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:30 pm He also hasn’t logged into KVR since the 10th. I was just about to purchase The Scream, but this has made me decide to return to my original plan of waiting until it’s out of beta.
The Scream very good. Buy now.
More BPM please

how is this compared to Pyros?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:38 am how is this compared to Pyros?
Totally different

Be prepared to a wait a while for Scream releae version, andy takes his betas seriously , tho his betas are more stable than most developers
Amazon: why not use an alternative

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:00 am
Audiority wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:24 am
cptgone wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:50 am In the mean time, in case anyone is wondering, there are excellent DS-1 plugins from Fazertone and Audiority - both discounted ATM (not comparable in scope to The Scream, of course).
I've just spotted this.. our Distortion 1 is not discontinued at all ;)

Cheers,
Luca
He didnt say discontinued, he said discounted.
duh! My bad

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:08 pm Be prepared to a wait a while for Scream releae version, andy takes his betas seriously , tho his betas are more stable than most developers
Wasn't this the case a year ago? What's left to fix?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

jamcat wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:30 pm He also hasn’t logged into KVR since the 10th. I was just about to purchase The Scream, but this has made me decide to return to my original plan of waiting until it’s out of beta.
plugin very good, no need to wait out of beta, buy now :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

electro wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:45 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:08 pm Be prepared to a wait a while for Scream releae version, andy takes his betas seriously , tho his betas are more stable than most developers
Wasn't this the case a year ago? What's left to fix?
Do you have that one house near you that some guy has been building on his own for years and years now with nothing happening for months and months, then one day you'll go by and see some new work has been done? There's one in my sister's neighborhood. The Scream is the plugin version of that house.

But in practical terms: The Scream lacks a manual, Andy wants to update the website, and I think he was going to add a lock to allow you to change mods without changing settings.

For some reason, I avoided this plugin (I don't know the reason). Time to fly.

Can it do Pyro's "knee" shaper which is supposedly a variable knee saturation? I really love Pyro's BIAS and FBK knobs.

kmonkey wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:30 pm Can it do Pyro's "knee" shaper which is supposedly a variable knee saturation? I really love Pyro's BIAS and FBK knobs.
Sir, this is a Wendy's! :hihi:

This isn't like Pyros. If comparing to an Audiority plugin, it's like Green Reaper.

The manual has to be a damn book now.

jtsterays wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:05 pm The manual has to be a damn book now.
It is. The Winds of Winter.

Return to “Effects”