The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

I don't know what the deal between Synapse and HZ is/was, but based on what I remember Urs saying about Zebra HZ, its more akin to what Bones said.
From memory I think Hans wanted a few additions to Zebra which was his synth of choice then (may still be) and Urs said ok i will do it but in exchange, would want to sell this and the presets you and Howard make.. I think that was the entirety of the deal.

This might be it:
viewtopic.php?p=4991803#p4991803

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:25 am I don't know what the deal between Synapse and HZ is/was, but based on what I remember Urs saying about Zebra HZ, its more akin to what Bones said.
From memory I think Hans wanted a few additions to Zebra which was his synth of choice then (may still be) and Urs said ok i will do it but in exchange, would want to sell this and the presets you and Howard make.. I think that was the entirety of the deal.

This might be it:

rsp
Ok. Then it is very generous from HZ because he gave is name, reducing the value of his name this way (if he sponsors every synth, the HZ brand will mean nothing anymore). Plus I guess he did some testing in order to be sure he is not giving his name to a shitty synth (unlikely with synapse though).

Surely that means there is a kind of friendship between these talented guys....

He did way more than a little testing.. he was using it in Scores.. .so that would definitely be 'testing it' :).

As far as I know he has only given his name to two products.. and both of them I have been reliably informed he uses heavily in his scores.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:23 am He did way more than a little testing.. he was using it in Scores.. .so that would definitely be 'testing it' :).

As far as I know he has only given his name to two products.. and both of them I have been reliably informed he uses heavily in his scores.
rsp
Cool dudes.

I think for passionate like him and urs, synapse, it must be a lot of fun to collaborate...

I had quoted this on another thread.
Hans is rctec on vi-control

https://vi-control.net/community/posts/4984076/bookmark

.....So when I started looking at VST synth (and I probably had all of them at one point…) I needed something with a fairly uncompromising sonic core and quality. Why spend hours trying to create a patch in software, if it doesn’t stand up to the hardware in my room?

it wasn’t really until I found Zebra that I thought i found the synth for all seasons. Which is, of course, not entirely true.

”Legend” for me is the closest you can get to the sheer power of a true Mini Moog, (and having a full ADSR is an actual improvement on the good Doctor Moog’s design…) and “Dune 3.5” is sonically beautiful.....
rsp
sound sculptist

BONES wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:51 pm
Given that HZ approached Synapse, I'd suggest if any money were to have changed hands, it would have been HZ paying Synapse to do the work. I think the most likely scenario, however, is that they came to a mutual agreement - "we'll make this for you if we can use your name to sell it to the rest of the market" of "if you make this for me, I'll be more than happy to put my name to it, if you think that might help you with sales". A bit of bartering, if you like. Pure speculation of course, it just seems to me the most likely way it would have gone.
Literally what I said :hihi:
seafire wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:21 pm
HZ asked SA to create this. He liked the original but wanted extras. Nothing to do with money. I very much doubt HZ gets a penny from it. He does however get an instrument he can use in all his soundtracks.

If HZ commissioned SA to build it, for him, I would expect HZ to pay them. A deal could be made tho, whereby all fees are waivered in return for sales accumulated by using the HZ name.

HZ did no work on it. SA coded it, KS made the presets.

Speculation oc

zvenx wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:25 am

This might be it:

rsp
a great way to bridge the gap until we release Zebra3.
2012 :lol:

seafire wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:11 am

This might be it:

rsp
Yeah... 2012. Zebra 3 is really the legendary smth of all....

I wonder if it will revolution the market as serum did.

When I go to my favorite music store, there's always a bunch of high end synths in the middle. I usually play around with them thinking "wow it sounds very good, but not thousands of euros good" - then put the headphones down.
Just tried the demo of Synapse HZ, and how this synth sounds, reminds me of those. Most of this feeling might be coming with the way FX is used in the presets. Don't know for sure, but it is definitely a better price for the same feeling.
Very good, love the patches, and I'll keep this on my watch list.

Jac459 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:44 am
seafire wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:11 am

This might be it:

rsp
Yeah... 2012. Zebra 3 is really the legendary smth of all....

I wonder if it will revolution the market as serum did.
Definatly no, its vision isnt simplicity as serum

zvenx wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:25 pm
LFO8 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:22 pm
zvenx wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:19 pm Which was available for 8 years and never bought it but all of a sudden want it?
hmmm
rsp
Does that somehow invalidate the ask?
One can of course ask...but for me this comes over as being entitled.
I though you got The Legend with the HZ version but it seems that's not the case. I don't understand why, because HZ is an augmented version of The Legend that can instantiate all of The Legends presets. How could I possibly be expected to pay another wad of cash for a lesser version of what I already bought?
rsp
That last quote is not something I said.. 🤷‍♂️

BONES wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:51 pm
Simply asking a simple question as to why they decided to take that option off the table..
Because it's an upgrade, not a new instrument. Synapse is two people, they don't have the resources to maintain multiple versions of everything, across multiple platforms. They'd never get anything else done. Synapse have discontinued many things over the years, as maintenance became too much of a burden - Orion, Scorpion, Junglist, their Poly800 emulation, etc.
It seems like it is now. At first it was not made clear that it was. It was also not apparent by the naming Legend HZ which is similar to Zebra HZ which was also an addition to Zebra and not an upgrade.

No biggie, just trying to clear some things up. Some think that’s ‘entitled’ 🙉

I've been playing with the demo and it sounds great, but the demo doesn't have nks. Has any body tried the NKS integration? Does it have NKS2 deep editing?

LFO8 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:24 am ......
That last quote is not something I said.. 🤷‍♂️
I know that but it is what 'inspired' my response on that topic.
rsp
sound sculptist

Does it have NKS2 deep editing?
The full version supports NKS2 and MK3 controllers (incl. PDI and NKS2 banner).

Return to “Instruments”