---

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can keep it installed on 3 machines, but of course replace those machines when needed.
You can transfer licenses and there is no fee.

Cheers,
Dom

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What kind of copy protection will be used ? Dongle , E Dongle , c/r , keyfile , or serial # ... Just wondering becuase I install or reinstall Ubuntu 2 times a year , they release a new Ubuntu twice a year . Thanks .

Just to bump this question. I would also like to know answer to this, before buying in. My guess is that it is C/R which I despise, but am willing to make an exception for a DAW, though not for vsts.

Looks like it's a serial file from what Dom is saying.

Please allow for another question regarding license transfer: How long will it take?

I'm eagerly waiting for a license to be transferred from another user to my personal bitwig.com-account. License transfer has been requested on last friday in the morning. Maybe I'm a little bit impatient... ;-)

It's a kind of C/R: You log into your Bitwig account from the Licensing dialogue and then have the option to either activate the current machine for offline use or just temporarily activate it for the current session (without losing one of the three installs) - the latter being very nice for testing on a machine you don't use regularly or if you need to replace a broken machine fast for a gig with somebody's laptop...
If you run out of licenses you need to contact Bitwig. Pretty much the same as it works with Live actually.

Can't help with the license transfer speed ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Broken promise from Bitwig:

As far as I have read before the release of this software, they promised to offer Bitwig Studio without dongle.
But they offered the most worst dongle, your complete PC or Notebook is a dongle, even the steinberg usb-dongle solution is better because its machine-independ.
Therefore I will never use this software for serious projects maybe only for gaming.
There are to much problems technical ( Hardware changes etc.) and in long term usage (Company gets broken etc.).

To Bitwig-Team:
Hold your promise and offer serial-key or key-file like with Alchemy from Camel-Audio or an other solution.

Goodby Bitwig !

Morphex, I think more of their users, including myself, would abandon bit wig if it had a hardware license that needed to be plugged in during use like an iLok. When you lose such devices, ESPECIALLY if your music is your income, it can really pay a toll and take forever to get back up and running. I couldn't imagine a touring musician taking bit wig on the road and having to plug in that USB license, A. a touring musician would 100% break that usb drive in due time, B. Interface and midi controller usually already in drive.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Then implement Propellerhead's Reason System. Best of both worlds.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

MorpherX..
Seriously, maybe a "bit" too much drama in that post?

What do you mean by using bitwig for .. gaming? :o

How many serious projects can you make before Bitwig goes bust or stops supporting before you made a profit from whatever advantages Bitwig gives you? Minus the cost of the program (which is nothing if you make money producing..)
:hug:

I'm really confused... what is all this talk about a dongle for bigwig? Since when does it need a dongle?

MorpherX wrote:Broken promise from Bitwig:

As far as I have read before the release of this software, they promised to offer Bitwig Studio without dongle.
But they offered the most worst dongle, your complete PC or Notebook is a dongle, even the steinberg usb-dongle solution is better because its machine-independ.
Therefore I will never use this software for serious projects maybe only for gaming.
There are to much problems technical ( Hardware changes etc.) and in long term usage (Company gets broken etc.).

To Bitwig-Team:
Hold your promise and offer serial-key or key-file like with Alchemy from Camel-Audio or an other solution.

Goodby Bitwig !
Are you high? :hihi:

That post doesnt even make sense. There is _NO_ dongle protection, its a Activation system much like Ableton Live.

Orga wrote:I'm really confused... what is all this talk about a dongle for bigwig? Since when does it need a dongle?
It's hogwash / wordgames.
MorpherX got all excited and says C/R makes a dongle out of your computer...

I personally find the current system just fine and especially the temporary license (that even works when all offline-licenses are used up) is a very clever thing, since when on a gig you can quickly adopt another machine for your use.
Download the Demo, install, enter your username and password (you can even call home if you don't have it with you) and be up and running - of course it doesn't help you if your projects are on a dead HD, but you brought a backup, didn't you? ;-)

I don't see dongles as very practical for a live oriented software. They are okay for a studio, but even there, they start to look old. I have many (10+) and it's a bit of a pain.

For me it depends mostly on the company behind it. If it's uncomplicated to call in and get more activations without much ado (like it was my experience with Ableton) I'm fine. If the company is nasty about it, of course it's a pain.
So far it seems Bitwig is model A ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Bitwig”