No pitch expression in Repitch mode

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why is it impossible to edit pitch expression when a sample is in repitch mode?
Last edited by zyguli on Mon May 19, 2014 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

In repitch mode the tempo defines the pitch, like a tape or a turntable.
Editing pitch is obviously only possible in the timestretch modes!

dom@bitwig wrote: Editing pitch is obviously only possible in the timestretch modes!
Do it for RAW, please. :pray:

Just to be sure: Was the RAW wish meant as a joke or a serious wish?

dom@bitwig wrote:In repitch mode the tempo defines the pitch, like a tape or a turntable.
Editing pitch is obviously only possible in the timestretch modes!
Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry, but I kindly disagree. :]

In Cubase one can create a non-timestretching pitch envelope off-line. Pitch expression in repitch mode in Bitwig could behave similar but in real-time.
It is possible to change the pitch of a slice in repitch mode by using stretch expression, only that the pitch is defined here by time, not by pitch.

I would like to be able to slice a loop, then adjust the pitch of each slice precisely in semitones and cents *without having to load the slices into a sampler*.

I think the feature is already there, but implemented as stretch expression which is the same thing as changing the pitch, but defined by a factor correlated to pitch. Would you agree?
Last edited by zyguli on Mon May 19, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Works already exactly like thet: Just use "split at onsets" and set the pitch for each slice using the inspector or the pitch expression envelope. Both do semitones and cents, e.g. 2.50 semitones.
Or even use the histogram to change pitches for a multiselection of audio events.

It works like that only if the slices are in in stretch or stretch HD mode. When the audio is in repitch mode, the pitch section in the inspector is greyed out and the pitch expression has no effect.

I want to be able to edit the pitches like in old-school samplers by changing the pitch without timestretching.

Ah, sorry, this is not possible this way, slice to drum machine etc. is the only way to do that.

Would you guys consider adding this? Like I wrote, stretching in repitch mode does similar thing, only that one can't know the exact pitch change. It would be a big thing.

Might be something to think about for the future, but right now i'm afraid other things like Multiout VST, track grouping etc. have higher priority esp. as slice to drum machine is really not the worst workaround. But thanks for bringing it up.

I completely understand that you guys are very busy right now. Thanks for considering doing it.

dom@bitwig wrote:Just to be sure: Was the RAW wish meant as a joke or a serious wish?
Sorry my language.
I mean just transposing raw to semitones. Just make avalable pitch parameter, like ableton (and other) when warp mode off.

(sorry to be spamming a little, wrote about this in another thread), but I agree very much, pitching in raw mode or something like that would be super nice! Just some basic old-school-non-timestrech pitching of audio, I very much want that in Bitwig.

cheers

oscar, sweden

+1

can't see what the problem here is really, i just sliced a loop to sampler and had a good old time fsu with the pitch histogram, adding slides, moving notes around. works good.

Return to “Bitwig”