two new songs up using GarageBand

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

last week I finally decided to make use of that copy of GarageBand I got when I picked up my Power Mac G4. And now I've come up with two songs I wrote as a result of jamming with the loops in the program!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/dandr ... smusic.htm

"Smart Like Streetcar" sounds like Ted Nugent on Benedryl :shock:

"Gravel Gertie". Another instrumental. How do I describe this? Imagine AC/DC doing their idea of a Booker T And The MGs arrangement, with Satch on lead guitar and Fat Boy Slim at the mixing desk. Honestly, it sounds better than that description. :help:

Give it a listen and tell me what you think!
"Ooo, look at me, I'm making people HAPPY! I'm the Magical Man from Happyland! In a gumdrop house on Lollypop Laaaaaaane!" - Homer Simpson

It sure sounds quite allright :)

Ain't GB fun !!! where did you get the loopz ??? are they part of the default ones ??? sounds great.
Thanks,

Bigg John
FREE Loops @ http://www.looplibrary.com

Bigg John wrote:Ain't GB fun !!! where did you get the loopz ??? are they part of the default ones ??? sounds great.

the drums loops are part of the initial library. In fact, "Gravel Gertie" uses a loop which is only four bars long, so I did some fancy dropping in the loop and chopping and channeling it in a variety of ways. Everything else you hear is me on guitar and bass - the guitars are two of my collection of Peaveys, a Horizon II and a Predator Plus I recently picked up for $149 used, the bass is my "Dreibelbass" (a 1970s japanese P-bass copy that now only has the body, knobs and strap buttons as original parts, it has a Cort neck, Seymour Duncan P and J-bass pickups, Schaller hardware and a moto pickguard). They're all running through a POD 2.

I'm currently working on a new tune using Cubase - this should prove interesting, as I'm doing it as an idea for a co-worker who's writing a script for a movie idea about a steampunk spaghetti Western. I've already written an intro using a guitar synth and FM7
:-o
"Ooo, look at me, I'm making people HAPPY! I'm the Magical Man from Happyland! In a gumdrop house on Lollypop Laaaaaaane!" - Homer Simpson

Hm, shit, it's working today morning! :(

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Gravel Gertie's a cool track, although the drums' rhythm is sometimes a little questionable (could be a good thing, though ;) ). I liked Smart like Streetcar best out of the two. Good guitarwork there. As an overall comment, they're both a bit repetative. They could do with something to vary them a little more, or perhaps some vocals if you know someone who'd sound good singing over them.

Yah ... nice work :)
-Veg
(:

gravel gertie - great sound ... mean and dirty 8)

Love the clanking bass.

Nice unpredictabilities in the lead guitar.

Some nice mix contrasts too.

Threatening stuff 8)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Yeah great retro feel,a sreaming voice would fit nice....and a more powerfull mix.

BTW the drum cuts in gravel gertie doesnt feel right sometimes.

Great job I enjoyed. :D

Rock On. 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”