Synthmaster v 2.9

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

This is on sale at £45 with stacks of presets and expansion banks for under £10

Is it worth it?
The demos sound excellent,how easy is it to program?
Currently I have the Korg collection,U-He diva and hive,free VSTs and FL studio 20 running on Windows 10

Any input appreciated

My number one synth. Absolutely excellent sound.
I have a few synths like Serum, Korgs and Massive and Synthmaster 2, in my humble opinion, beats them all.
It had a great hardware sound that's hard to beat.

Thanks,I thought the Analog presets demo I listened to was excellent,I'm sold on it for just that demo

No list of parameters for automation in pt

SynthMaster and SynthMaster One are among my favourite synths but one thing I cannot understand is why they come with such awful low resolution, blocky Windows 10 icons. Does anyone know if there are better ones available anywhere?
Thanks

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claudedefaren wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:34 pm It's super buggy. I think the sound is decent but not better than Hive.
In the demo I noticed sometimes when clicking on for example instrument type,Bass a list of presets would come up as expected but then clicking on bells,the bass presets were still shown because the Bass selection was still highlighted,click on Bass again to un highlight it and click on bells then a list of Bell presets appear

I think clearly that's a bug

Martkorg wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:39 pmIn the demo I noticed sometimes when clicking on for example instrument type,Bass a list of presets would come up as expected but then clicking on bells,the bass presets were still shown because the Bass selection was still highlighted,click on Bass again to un highlight it and click on bells then a list of Bell presets appear

It may depend on the intention of the selection-behavior for the browser (i.e. union vs. intersection).

Is clicking more than one selection supposed to filter out specific presets that match *all* of the criteria (e.g. show presets that are tagged as both "Bass" *and* "Bells"), or is it supposed to filter out specific presets that match *any* of the criteria (e.g. show presets that are tagged as either "Bass" *or* "Bells")?

If the former, then it may be working as designed; if the latter, then it is a bug.
Last edited by tonedef71 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

This thing checks a lot of boxes. Great sound, intuitive UI (YMMV) and, a sales model that allows access at a very low price point. Their model essentially gives away the synth at a very low cost, but sells you the presets. I'm not a programmer, so I buy presets. But you "start from scratch" guys can really go to town on this one.

BTW, I have never found Synthmaster or Synthmaster One buggy. Completely rock solid on my Win system running Cubase 10.5.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:51 pm
Martkorg wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:39 pmIn the demo I noticed sometimes when clicking on for example instrument type,Bass a list of presets would come up as expected but then clicking on bells,the bass presets were still shown because the Bass selection was still highlighted,click on Bass again to un highlight it and click on bells then a list of Bell presets appear

It may depend on the intention of the selection-behavior for the browser (i.e. union vs. intersection).

Is clicking more than one selection supposed to filter out specific presets that match *all* of the criteria (e.g. show presets that are tagged as both "Bass" *and* "Bells"), or is it supposed to filter out specific presets that match *any* of the criteria (e.g. show presets that are tagged as either "Bass" *or* "Bells")?

If the former, then it may be working as designed; if the latter, then it is a bug.
Yes I think it's the latter,it doesn't do it all the time just now and again

BERFAB wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:20 pm This thing checks a lot of boxes. Great sound, intuitive UI (YMMV) and, a sales model that allows access at a very low price point. Their model essentially gives away the synth at a very low cost, but sells you the presets. I'm not a programmer, so I buy presets. But you "start from scratch" guys can really go to town on this one.

BTW, I have never found Synthmaster or Synthmaster One buggy. Completely rock solid on my Win system running Cubase 10.5.

Cheers
-B
Yes the preset banks appear to be really buyable, I like the sounds of the Analog basics they sound really excellent

A great value IMHO. A sound designers playhouse and the presets are great. Also has the best preset browser which really saves time and keeps inspiration flowing. I really like the default SM2 GUI.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Thanks all I will definitely be purchasing this,the price is right and the sounds are superb

Return to “Instruments”