Summertime - Pop Softrock Ballad - by Gabriel West

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Instrumental Version + Melody :roll:
https://soundcloud.com/user-926227779/s ... ion-melody

First 'complete' guitar composition ever by me, composed on my moms old spanish flamenco guitar in 2000 and now finally re-arranged in a DAW after many unsatisfactory attempts. (2000: The year, when my singing voice was still present and pretty much in his prime, at the age of 20) An interesting aspect is, that the transition from the Pre-Chorus into the Chorus still did include a real modulation in another key signature, because, when I composed it back in the days in 2000, one year after lerning my first chords on a guitar, I wasn't even aware of it :D) An old tape recording of 2000, which still exists of that song, helped me, reconstructing it reasonable in an authentic way, compared to the old tape version, where I was just picking, strumming and singing this song, unfortunately, it got completely out of pitch over the years, but since my mom always told me, make a song of it, I got the motivation and finally did it officially. Too bad, now under the age of 41, I can barely sing it anymore (Snif)..this is a betaversion, any constructive feedback with 'improvement-advices' for instance, is welcome. :wink:

Used instruments:
- Korg M1 / Universe preset (Vocals / Melody)
- NTonyx SF Bank: Fingered Bass and PowerKit Drums
- VB-1 Bass
- Spicy Guitar + Guitar Soft AMP + EpicVerb (less wet setting) as fingerpicking Gt.
- HQ Orchestral SF Bank: Acoustic Guitar Preset as Rhythm Gt.
- 4Front Piano (Intro & Arp effects)
- PG-8X - Strings
- Oxe FM / Strings
- Synth1 for vocals (Melody Lead)
- Reverse Cymbal (32bit Wave Sample)

https://soundcloud.com/user-926227779

For a moment I thought it was gong to be that Summertime :lol:
I really like this, just a very smooth relaxing melody, with some interesting changes.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Thx for your kind words, Sir @folderol :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”