SM2 v1.0.8 Update not fixed MIDI Learn Bug!

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I appear to be constantly complaining about Midi Learn Parameters disappearing on their own. This new v1.0.8 update which I applied immediately it was released, stated it FIXED A BUG WITH MIDI LEARN. Well I can tell you this is not true. I re-established all my Midi Learn Parameters once again and in less than a week, two parameters have lost midi learn. I pressed RELOAD MIDI MAPPINGS in the preset select box but nothing happens, I don’t even know what this function is supposed to do, there is no description of it anywhere?
This annoying MIDI LEARN problem also happens to SM1 and on a regular basis, WHY? Both Synthmaster’s are brilliant sounding synths, and to be honest, they both are capable of producing all the sounds you will ever need, but to have that extra control over Filter and Amp parameters is such an important feature and is available on virtually all other synth apps that DO NOT suffer this reoccurring annoyance.
Please fix this. I have applied Midi Learn in Stand-alone mode….that doesn’t work, I have applied Midi Learn in AUv3 mode…..that doesn’t work either!!!!!

One week later and Synthmaster 2 has now lost 5 Midi Learn Parameters.
Also, and most annoyingly, ALL MY MIDI BANKS HAVE BEEN DELETED AGAIN BY EITHER UPDATING TO V1.0.8, OR BY PRESSING “RELOAD MIDI MAPPINGS” in the hope this would retrieve my lost Midi Learn Parameters. (I still don’t know what this function actually does), I certainly did not press the Restore Purchases tab because doing this ALWAYS deletes my banks.
I have made the developers aware of these problems, and I assumed Beta testers looked for these known issues before the update became available to all!
Please, Please can someone fix these problems, I have invested a lot of money with this app and IAP sound packs!

multicube wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:07 am One week later and Synthmaster 2 has now lost 5 Midi Learn Parameters.
Also, and most annoyingly, ALL MY MIDI BANKS HAVE BEEN DELETED AGAIN BY EITHER UPDATING TO V1.0.8, OR BY PRESSING “RELOAD MIDI MAPPINGS” in the hope this would retrieve my lost Midi Learn Parameters. (I still don’t know what this function actually does), I certainly did not press the Restore Purchases tab because doing this ALWAYS deletes my banks.
I have made the developers aware of these problems, and I assumed Beta testers looked for these known issues before the update became available to all!
Please, Please can someone fix these problems, I have invested a lot of money with this app and IAP sound packs!
Hi again,
I sent all of your issues to our developer Levent. He will turn you back as soon as possible.

All the best
Gercek

Hello,

I'm planning to save these on the cloud so that you can restore them back easily

lb_kv331 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:16 am Hello,

I'm planning to save these on the cloud so that you can restore them back easily
Thank you Gercek.
Regarding the above quote from LB, this is how my Midi Banks are arranged:
I select Factory Presets followed by an instrument category, I then select Settings/Assign Presets to Midi Bank and choose an empty bank, I then have to select Manage Midi Bank and Programs, there I title the preset category ie Bass.
I do this for 20 further MIDI Banks. There are also a further 9 purchased sound packs which have been assigned to Midi Banks, these never have to be named in Manage Midi Bank and Programs. When the banks have disappeared, before I can reload them, I have to open Manage Midi Bank and Programs and delete the original named bank, otherwise the re-assigned presets do not save to this bank.
I have tried exporting my 21 assigned banks to Files so that I could easily import them again every time Synthmaster has a funny turn, BUT exporting these banks is not possible, only my own saved preset banks and purchased sound pack banks can be exported, so how can I save these banks to the cloud? This is almost like suggesting the Midi Bank disappearing act will still continue! One of my main reasons for not purchasing anymore sound packs is because ALL my banks will disappear again and it takes ages to re-assign and rename them all every time.
I hope you have success sorting MIDI Learn too.
I live in hope :pray:

Return to “KV331 Audio”