Fragile Gods - "Ghost In the Machine"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This one is inspired by the threat of our new A.I. overlords. It's called "Ghost In The Machine."

https://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/ghost-in-the-machine

The lyrics are on Soundcloud. Any feedback is appreciated.

A new “Fragile Gods” track. Always a highlight here on KVR:

Great songwriting: "Ghost in the machine" impresses with its melody.
The vocoder repeat fits perfectly - and gets a bit stuck in the ear.
The smooth, airy groove is very pleasant.

The text is very current - AI is the hot topic. The title "Ghost in the Machine"
expresses what many feel: There is something mysterious about AI that we
don't really fully understand - but which still finds its way into everyday life.
For some, AI is a helper that offers quick solutions, for others, AI is simply
spooky and somewhat depressing - just a "ghost in the machine".

"Ghost in the Machine" is a very current, stimulating, fantastic song! :clap: :tu: :hyper:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I somehow immediately thought of "ghost in the shell" :D
Catchy title, quite airy and "open" (perhaps also due to the acoustic drums). I like it. I wouldn't change anything but publish it like this

Very cool track. enroe said it—writing and mix are great. Really like your use of tremolo. Cool speak n' spell style voice aroung 2:42 as well as the vocoded voc. Also, I love the bass right out of the gate.

On a side note: this just happens to be in my reading queue under my monitor right now :)

eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Full on vibes of Ultravox, Yello, Japan, Kratfwerk.

Love it !!

enroe wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:05 am Great songwriting: "Ghost in the machine" impresses with its melody.
The vocoder repeat fits perfectly - and gets a bit stuck in the ear.
The smooth, airy groove is very pleasant.

The text is very current - AI is the hot topic. The title "Ghost in the Machine"
expresses what many feel: There is something mysterious about AI that we
don't really fully understand - but which still finds its way into everyday life.
For some, AI is a helper that offers quick solutions, for others, AI is simply
spooky and somewhat depressing - just a "ghost in the machine".

"Ghost in the Machine" is a very current, stimulating, fantastic song! :clap: :tu: :hyper:
I am glad you liked the songwriting and melody. I think the vocoder not only fits the subject matter but also provides relief from my singing. :)

You summed up the topic pretty well although I would say A.I. is more than spooky and depressing. It actually could present real danger to humans as the A.I.'s abilities surpass our own. Governments are scrambling to pass A.I. legislation but I doubt these measures will be effective. The next 5 years could be very interesting. :help:

Thanks as always for your encouraging words.

Frantz,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: it's starting out nicely. The song title reminds me of The Police. Sounds quite 80's, which is fine by me. I like the vocoder things. Audio quality is quite good. Vocals are good; so are all of the melodies. Instrumentally, everything is very good too! Nice song! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Nice groove and vocals in this one. What did you use for the drums? Really like synth ostinato in the first part. Vocal delivery from 2:18-2:30 is my favorite part. Cool tune!

4damind wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:54 am I somehow immediately thought of "ghost in the shell" :D
Catchy title, quite airy and "open" (perhaps also due to the acoustic drums). I like it. I wouldn't change anything but publish it like this
Thanks Frank. I appreciate your thoughts and seal approval. :)

Great topic! A perfect representation of retro future and modern past.

I imagine 40 years ago computer technology was equally intimidating for people as AIs of today. The older generations still treat computers as "Pandora boxes", even the simplest functions of the cell phone are magic to them.

Sadly, not many of your new tracks are on YouTube...
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Top quality as usual. This was also expertly mixed.
I liked the subject matter, which made it a very current and relevant song.
As someone commented earlier, there is a Kraftwerk vibe.
Only one thing: I am missing your vocalist Aika. I have to be honest and say that she adds a special ingredient to your work.

eassae wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:41 pm Very cool track. enroe said it—writing and mix are great. Really like your use of tremolo. Cool speak n' spell style voice aroung 2:42 as well as the vocoded voc. Also, I love the bass right out of the gate.

On a side note: this just happens to be in my reading queue under my monitor right now :)

Thanks, I'm very glad you liked the song and production! :)

(I haven't read the book by Koestler. The phrase "Ghost In the Machine" was previously coined by philosopher Gilbert Ryle and is becoming something of a pop culture meme because it is so evocative.)

Great electronic song. Nice rhythm, good arrangement and sounds.

redmaggott wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:25 am Full on vibes of Ultravox, Yello, Japan, Kratfwerk.

Love it !!
Excellent! I am fan of all 4 of those bands. Thanks! :)

Wow! Very pleasent to listen.well done.
**dark music for dark lovers**

Return to “Music Cafe”