“Focused Energy” . . . quickly paced electro-rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, this isn't the first tune I've started this year, but it's the first one I've wanted to finish. It's very commercial, I suppose. Lots of quick little interludes to add variety to the structure.

Are the cymbals too loud?
Does the solo have too much reverb or does that feel good sitting back a bit?
Is is annoying that the snare fill is almost the same everywhere?
Is this one mixed too loud as per my usual received criticism?
Is the super busy bass line annoying or does it make this stand apart from other tracks with similar sound design?

http://shanesanders.com/wp-content/uplo ... Energy.mp3

This made me want to break out my pop'n'lock skills(probably don't have them anymore:) The break down in to and out of 0:47 is super dope.

I didn't think the cymbals were too loud.

I wanted the kick to have more punch. I realize this may be a stylistic thing. Seems produced for sub optimal listening environments with where the frequency levels are at.

Very cool track, nice work :tu:
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Shane Sanders wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:38 am Are the cymbals too loud?
Does the solo have too much reverb or does that feel good sitting back a bit?
Is is annoying that the snare fill is almost the same everywhere?
Is this one mixed too loud as per my usual received criticism?
Is the super busy bass line annoying or does it make this stand apart from other tracks with similar sound design?
Verb on solo didn't bother me.

Snare fill didn't bother me. The melody was diverse so I didn't notice that the fill was the same.

I thought it could actually go a bit louder on this one.

Love the busy bass.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Shane Sanders wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:38 am Well, this isn't the first tune I've started this year, but it's the first one I've wanted to finish. It's very commercial, I suppose. Lots of quick little interludes to add variety to the structure.

Are the cymbals too loud? nope
Does the solo have too much reverb or does that feel good sitting back a bit? nope
Is is annoying that the snare fill is almost the same everywhere? nope
Is this one mixed too loud as per my usual received criticism? nope
Is the super busy bass line annoying or does it make this stand apart from other tracks with similar sound design? nope

http://shanesanders.com/wp-content/uplo ... Energy.mp3
Like this song! :tu:

eassae wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:23 pm This made me want to break out my pop'n'lock skills(probably don't have them anymore:) The break down in to and out of 0:47 is super dope.

I didn't think the cymbals were too loud.

I wanted the kick to have more punch. I realize this may be a stylistic thing. Seems produced for sub optimal listening environments with where the frequency levels are at.

Very cool track, nice work :tu:
I had to look up what pop'n'lock was! lol . . . but I get it. If my music makes anyone feel anything, I'm happy.

Thanks for the comments and the listen. I am sure I can dial in a stankier kick. Oddly, the busy bass line was inspired by an improv piece from Aron the Bassist. Hop ahead to around the 3 minute mark where he's good and warmed up and flowing in those upper registers. I wanted some of that in my piece, though it's way simpler than what he plays.

https://youtu.be/mYrPEvzbiB4?si=17iWTutGnx9DoKIz

Hey Shane. The tune has a nice push to it. I enjoyed the variety of lead sounds you used. You asked about the snare fill. It did get to be a little repetitive but changing up the drum part can be a pretty easy fix.

"Focused Energy" is a good description for this. Tons of action and ideas. I like the busy bass.

My only minor complaint is the sound you have chosen for the lead which first becomes quite prominent at 0:20. It's high and thin and grabs too much attention I think.

Very cool track. :tu:

Frantz wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:30 am "Focused Energy" is a good description for this. Tons of action and ideas. I like the busy bass.

My only minor complaint is the sound you have chosen for the lead which first becomes quite prominent at 0:20. It's high and thin and grabs too much attention I think.

Very cool track. :tu:
This has come up a few times here and elsewhere. I think it may be the phaser making things too nasally. I'm probably going back to a more horn-like sound if I can get it to poke through or else limit the living daylights out of that. :-)

Return to “Music Cafe”